[wpkg-users] cpau vs. 2 WPKGs for machine and local AD logon scripts

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 19:30:56 CEST 2007

I have packages that are profile specific.  Therefore I'd really like
to run wpkg from AD when the user logs in rather than as  machine
policy.   But when non-administrators log in they get many errors
about installers failing due to insufficient rights.  I've heard that
some people use cpau.  But it looks to me as if one has to say on the
command line which user (domain or local) is running cpau.  Does this
mean that it elevates a non admin-user or that you have to specify a
real admin user?  If the latter, has anyone tried running a second
wpkg install that saves to something like %WINDIR%\system32\wpkg2.xml
?

Thanks in advance..

Peter

wpkg-users mailing list