[wpkg-users] condition="notexist"?

Peter Hartmann peter at hartmanncomputer.com
Sat Sep 22 01:06:44 CEST 2007

Thank you Frank, that's perfect.  I tried to set revision="1"  as an
environment variable in wpkg-start.bat so that once and while I can up
the number and have it re-check for my list of unwanted programs.  Too
bad aol doesn't have a silent uninstaller.  Guess there's always
autoit.  But the wpkg didn't like the variable.  It's no big deal I
just use revision="222" for all of them and find and replace when the
time comes.

Peter

On 9/14/07, Frank Lee <rl201 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Try
> <check type='logical' condition='not' >
>   <check type='file' condition='exists' path='c:\foo\bar' />
> </check>
> to implement a "not exists" function.
>
> Yours,
>
> Frank
>
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Peter Hartmann wrote:
>
> > I'm using wpkg to remove 'crapware' that comes bundled with
> > manufacturers OS installs.  To do it the way I want, I think wpkg
> > might need ' condition="notexist" ' in packages.xml.  Right now I'm
> > using a fictitious condition so that it runs every time.   *I think*
> > for some reason I needed that for the packages to run at all. That's
> > very not efficient as my list of unwanted software is getting long.
> > execute="once" isn't really an option because I believe it depends on
> > condidtion,  which since things are removed, can't be met.  Is there a
> > better way to do it?  Or has anyone thought about implementing
> > "notexist"?  Or should I be looking at exit codes?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Peter

wpkg-users mailing list
wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org