[wpkg-users] wpkg.xml updated on workstation but no software installed

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Sep 26 15:51:38 CEST 2007

éric le hénaff schrieb:
> hello
> how does it come that the <package> block is added to
> c$\WINNT\system32\wpkg.xml but that the software is finally not installed.
>
> PDFCreator 0.8.0.1 is installed on our workstations.
> I added the block below to update to 0.9.3.

>         <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="PDFCreator"/>

> But when i look into c$\Program Files\PDFCreator , The version of
> PDFcreator.exe is still 0.8.0.1.
> What happened ? Any hint ?

That's expected behaviour.

Before attempting to execute any "<install ...>" command, WPKG goes
through the "<check ...>" conditions.

In this case, it sees "PDFCreator" in Software Add/Remove, and correctly
assumes that PDFCreator is installed - and thus, doesn't execute any
"<install ...>" commands.

I guess you didn't install 0.8.0.1 with WPKG?

So, for you, just increasing the revision by one in the XML file should
trigger the upgrade.

And, you can add more checks (for file size etc.).

wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org