[wpkg-users] Wrapper hints...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Fri Apr 11 10:52:43 CEST 2008

Some times ago i've asked for a WPKG.js wrapper (in JS) that can run the
real wpkg.js only if the 'client' belong to exactly one of our office
branch.

Practically, i've setup common configuration within 3 branch, where
servers, share, ... have the same names/alias and so i can buld the
same configuration and simply copy around.
But clearly not *exactly* the same, so some portable system when moved
got some package continuously installed/uninstalled.

With the aide of this list i've built the script attached (my JS
knowledge approx zero...), where substantially i rebuild the command
line, run the wpkg.js script and reapup stdout and stderr and copy them
out.

Now i've looked at the 64/32 bit wrapper script, and see no things like
that (and really this feel strange to me, normally stdout go to stdout
and stderr to stderr, why reapup and re-copy them?).

It is superfluous? Thanks.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/