[wpkg-users] Question about processing install and remove

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at ac-caen.fr
Tue Apr 15 14:35:55 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm continuing my tests, I don't say it to you but I use wpkg.js from
trunk (1.1-M4) and WPKG client 1.2-rc6.

I create some packages to configure some system settings, like the
firewall (enabling icmp echo request).

During my test I remove the package xp-firewall from the profile and
in the log I see that wpkg.js mark the xp-firewall package as to be
removed but it seems to try to execute the <install/> anyway.

=== From the log ===
Found installed package 'Windows XP firewall configuration' (xp-firewall).
Marking package 'Windows XP firewall configuration' (xp-firewall) for remove
Number of packages to remove: 1
Going to install package 'Windows XP firewall configuration' (xp-firewall), Revision 1, (execute flag is 'once', notify flag is 'true').
Package 'Windows XP firewall configuration' (xp-firewall): Not yet processed during this session.
Package 'Windows XP firewall configuration' (xp-firewall): Installed already.
Removal of depending packages for 'Windows XP firewall configuration' (xp-firewall) successfully finished.
Removing Windows XP firewall configuration (xp-firewall)...
Checking existence of package: Windows XP firewall configuration
Removal of 'Windows XP firewall configuration successful.
=== End of the log ===

As the xp-firewall package already exists in the local wpkg.xml, it
should not execute the check ? Neither trying to install it ?

My xp-firewall.xml file:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<packages>
  <package
      id='xp-firewall'
      name='Windows XP firewall configuration'
      revision='1'
      reboot='false'
      priority='800'
      execute='once'>

    <install cmd='netsh firewall set opmode mode=enable profile=all'/>
    <install cmd='netsh firewall set icmpsetting 8 enable all'/>

  </package>
</packages>

According to the wiki:

"The install commands are executed by wpkg when a new package comes
into scope for a profile."

"The remove commands are executed when a package is removed from a
profile."

Regards.
--
Daniel Dehennin