[wpkg-users] Powershell and WPKG

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Apr 1 23:02:39 CEST 2008

Hi Handy,

Even if you're probably going to ignore me...

Steve Handy wrote:
 > I am trying to see if WPKG can force a desktop to execute a
powershell > to perform certain functions such as establishing local
group policy.

If I understood this correctly you're trying to execute a local
powershell to modify the local group policy.
Basically every local application can be executed by WPKG. Just create a
new package (XML definition) which includes your commands within the
install commands.

If you like to execute this script at each synchronization use the
execute="always" flag within the package header. If not, then use the
execute="once" flag.

I personally never used any powershell but I used commands like

'cmd /c xcopy...'

so you might use something like

'cmd /c powershell.exe ...'

within the install command to execute the local powershell.

HTH