[wpkg-users] Ugly perl script to check if packages are installed on a set of workstations.

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Wed Apr 2 08:45:32 CEST 2008

Hello Gerd,

> Your report.pl is not ugly, it's pretty pretty!
>
> Works fine for me after adjusting the locations, even if perl -W
(v5.8.8) is saying: "Using a hash as a reference is deprecated".

> BTW. If I copy the statusfiles to a share using a wpkg-package like
http://wpkg.org/Viewing_software_installed_on_workstations , I always
get the status *before* the last execution of wpkg.js. Perhaps the
better way ist to define an additional action to execute after wpkg.js.

you could use the post-execution script in WPKG Client ("execute after"),
or an "xcopy ..." line in your "wpkg-start.bat".

HTH
Falko

> Chris Crow schrieb:
>> I was going to wait, and clean up this script, but I don't think I will
ever come back to it.

>> This script needs to be copied to the root of the wpkg share, and it
evaluates the following locations:

>> hosts/*.xml
>> packages/*.xml
>> profiles/*.xml
>> status/*.xml (status is the directory where I copy the wpkg.xml files
from all of the workstations)

>> When you run the script, it will evaluate the list of packages that
should be installed with the packages that are install on each computer
in the status directory. It then prints the differences. If the program
gives no output, then everything is up to date.

>> I use this program to send a list to our desktop techs about which
computer are out of compliance.

>> I would love any feedback or improvements from anyone, or if you have a
better way to get this type of information.

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Chris

Falko Trojahn                     fon +49-341-3581294
Dipl-Ingenieur Netzwerke/Support  fax +49-341-3581295

SMI Softmark Informationstechnologien GmbH
Sitz: D-04416 Markkleeberg, Friedrich-Ebert-Str. 51
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Leipzig HRB 164
Geschäftsführer: Andreas Griesmann