[wpkg-users] Questions about offline mode and executing the wpkg service

Brian May brian at vpac.org
Mon Apr 7 03:28:15 CEST 2008

Dieter Scholz wrote:
> But there is one issue I couldn't solve so far:
> Because we have several laptop users working offline from time to time the
> offline mode of the wpkg client is an important feature for us. The
> wpkinstall program offers this mode by testing the availability of a server.
> But I have problems to configure it correctly. Whenever I set the network
> interface of my Vmware instance to disconnected and reboot the computer the
> wpkg service starts at the beginning and shows its dialogs. No user is able
> to login until the maximum logon delay timeout is reached. Any tips on how to
> fix this? ( ... please see my settings.xml and the Windows event log excerpt
> I attached to this mail)

I have had similar issues on a laptop, without vmware - if I disconnect
the network, I have to wait for the maximum delay to log in, despite
having configured off-line mode.

I think I have 1.2-rc6 GUI client installed - this appears to be the
latest version - is there anyway I can confirm the version of the
installed version of wpkg? Help-->about says 1.0.6 which doesn't seem to
match the version I just installed.

Thanks.