[wpkg-users] xsd, dtd schema files?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Apr 8 13:09:17 CEST 2008

Hi Jan,

Jan Luehr wrote:
> I'm also new to xsd (to be honest, I've never written a xsd or dtd file), but
> If you're stucked somehow, feel free to ask.

Thanks for support. After a while of click-and-try as well as reading
some info at <http://www.w3schools.com/> I think I can manage to do it.
There are some issues like the package checks. We use the same element
name and depending on the value of some attributes others are required
or optional - which is actually quite complex.

Anyway I managed to do it and now I can build up my package definitions
by mouseclicks in Eclipse. All other XML files will not be that
difficult I guess. So stay tuned, I need some more time to complete and
test.

I found that the XSD files could be a nice source for documentation as
well. By using Eclipse (or any other decent XML editor)
context-sensitive help and assistance is provided. I put lots of
comments and hints inside. So the XSD actually documents every element
and value within the packages.xml now.
I will do the same for all other XML files too.