[wpkg-users] Wrapper hints...

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Fri Apr 11 13:20:58 CEST 2008

Hi Marco,
>> You might also use a pre-execution script (supported by WPKG client) which
>> is simply doing your verification in a simple *.cmd script and then skip
>> execution it the machine does not belong to that system.
>
> Ah, oh... sorry but i've really missed this: now wpkg client check exit
> code of pre (and post?) script and if status are not 0 does not execute
> wpkg.js?
>
> Clearly i can do this check in pre script. Sorry.

Well, at least this was my understanding. Tomasz can confirm that probably.
Using this functionality of WPKG client would be my way to go. Wrapping
wpkg.js is much more prone to errors and could lead to unexpected
behavior. Probably it might also cause problems with future versions of
WPKG - so you would need to test more carefully when upgrading to a
newer version. Using the pre-execution script is quite portable. You can
also use a simple CMD script which allows you to access environment
variables much more easily and is much faster to execute.

Something as follows should do the trick probably (meta-code, not tested):

@echo off

echo Check if WPKG should run

if "%LOCALNET%" == "sv" exit 1
exit 0