[wpkg-users] Danish characters in package definitions

data at wtbts.no data at wtbts.no
Fri Apr 11 16:13:31 CEST 2008

________________________________

	From: wpkg-users-bounces at lists.wpkg.org [mailto:wpkg-users-bounces at lists.wpkg.org] On Behalf Of Tor Soerensen
	Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 3:21 PM
	To: wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org
	Subject: [wpkg-users] Danish characters in package definitions

	Dear list members,
	I have run into a small problem when writing a package file. WSH complains of invalid characters in the file (see below). I am guessing that it doesn't like the danish character in the remove command. Any way to work around this?
	Regards,
	Tor Sorensen

	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	<packages>
	<!-- This package definition was made in order to remove Microsoft Office 2007 Trial that is preinstalled on some laptops   -->
	<package id="office2007" name="Microsoft Office 2007 System" revision="432" reboot="false" priority="0">
	    <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="2007 Microsoft Office system" />
	    <remove cmd='"C:\\Programmer\\Fælles filer\\Microsoft Shared\\OFFICE12\\Office Setup Controller\\setup.exe" /uninstall PROHYBRIDR /dll OSETUP.DLL'>
	    </remove>
	</package>

	</packages>

Hi, I have encountered this as well. It happens when you save the file with "nordic" characters as ANSI instead of unicode. Please try to save it as unicode instead, and the error essages should disappear.

Also please note that it is not necessary to escape \, as you have done. And your script would be a little more portable if you use the system variable %CommonProgramFiles% instead of c:\programmer\fælles filer\ :)

-CL