[wpkg-users] Svar: RE: Danish characters in package definitions

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Sun Apr 13 22:47:43 CEST 2008

Hello Tor,

> Now the package file is read alright. From reading previous mailing list
> postings about removing software, I was led to believe that if you made
> a package file, and then did not include it in a profile, then the
> remove command would be run on a host whose profile did not contain the
> package. I am trying to make wpkg uninstall a trial version of ms office
> 2007 this way, but nothing happens. How do I go about this? Can I use
> this way to remove software which has not been installed with wpkg?

Since there is no check condition like "do it only if (uninstall string
here) is installed"
you IMHO only can use something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packages>
<!-- This package definition was made in order to remove Microsoft
 Office 2007 Trial that is preinstalled on some laptops   -->
<package id="office2007" name="Microsoft Office 2007 System"
  revision="1" reboot="false" priority="10" execute="once">
    <install cmd='cmd.exe /c if exist "%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft
Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\setup.exe"
"%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup
Controller\setup.exe" /uninstall PROHYBRIDR /dll OSETUP.DLL'>
	<exit code="any" />
    </install>
</package>
</packages>

Or, you put the "if exist ... setup.exe /uninstall ..."  in a simple
script and run this
by a execute="once" package.

The problem is, if you use the check how you tried it, you would install
the package one day (without a "install cmd" in the package, or with
something like "echo ok >c:\mypackage.txt") on all clients,
and remove it the second day.

Best regards,
Falko