[wpkg-users] wpkg.js crashing?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Mon Apr 21 15:02:16 CEST 2008

Hi Jens,

Jens Geile wrote:
> While testing this I found that using "<param name='quiet' value='false' />" in config.xml seems to break WPKG. WPKG starts and stops immediately. No software is installed even when eventlog is empty. Starting wpkg manually through commandline gives:
> "WPKG Service konnte nicht gestartet werden." (WPKG service could not be started.)
> "Der Dienst hat keinen Fehler gemeldet." (The service did not report any errors."
> "Sie erhalten weitere Hilfe, wenn Sie NET HELPMSG 3534 eingeben." (Type NET HELPMSG 3534 to get more information.)
>
> After some more testing even "<param name='quiet' value='false' />" is working now but it seems to disable "/debug".

I will have a look at this issue. However at the moment I don't see any
relationship between quiet and debug flags. It might be related to some
implicit type conversions done by JScript. I will investigate.

The problem Brian run into might be related to an infinite-loop caused
by an exception thrown when writing to the event log. I will investigate
there as well.