[wpkg-users] WPKG client upgrade

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Mon Apr 21 15:41:39 CEST 2008

Sorry, but i'm a bit missed in this thread.

1) to upgrade wpkg client, the service have to be stopped; because the
 service run wpkg.js that run the install batch script, we cannot kill
the service without 'start' or we will kill ourself.
Relatively easy.

2) but if we have 'delayed logon' feature in use, we cannot use the
 trick to kill it, because a component (a dll) are directly executed by
NETLOGON, that cannot be killed.

A question (but i'm a unix guy): for me it is normal to upgrade binary
in execution, simply the newer version will be available next time we
reboot the machine.

Asked in another way: why not rewrite the installer so it handle all
this stuff, upgrade the binary and then force a reboot?

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php