[wpkg-users] Feature request?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Apr 28 20:07:44 CEST 2008

Marco Gaiarin schrieb:

(...)

> So i copy this script to:
>
> 	"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Menu Avvio\Programmi\Esecuzione Automatica"
>
> and change permission to prevent modification:
>
> 	cacls "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Menu Avvio\Programmi\Esecuzione Automatica\cleanloc.bat" /e /r Users "Power Users" Administrators
>
> but i cannot prevent deletion, and one user can delete my file and
> replace with another one that simply do an 'exit 0'.

AFAIK, normal users are not allowed to delete or change files in
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%?

> This can be prevented if WPKG will have a check condition like 'hash'
> (md5? sha?) so we can put on the recipe the original md5 sum, and check
> it against the installed one.

Just use execute="always"? One kilobyte, is not much, you can copy it
each time WPKG runs I guess?

See also a changelog for 1.1.x:

Added new check type: "execute". This allows you to execute any script
      which checks if an application is installed - based on the exit
code of
      the script.
      Usage:
      type="execute" path="\\path\to\script.cmd"
          condition="exitcodesmallerthan" value="0"
              Evaluates true if the exit code is negative

You could use any "hash" etc.

However, remember that WPKG makes checks only once after installation.