[wpkg-users] Feature request? /2

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Apr 29 12:54:24 CEST 2008

Hi Marco,

Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> Effectively, two. Italian and English.

Same here - I support EN and DE. And no, it is not really a headache to
program cmd scripts which are aware of two locales. Just check for any
german-specific part, if it is not there, fall back to EN.

However I see your input and in fact I think about to allow lcid
definition for _every_ variable (just extending the variable
definition). I think this could be done quite easily on the current WPKG
  architecture.

So just be patient. My time is quite limited at the moment...

> Good.
> Sorry but don't expect a patch from me, i'm really a dumb programmer in
> language that know a little (c, perl, php, ...), coding in wsh is out
> of my target... ;(((

Well, if you use PHP you probably already used JavaScript too - so
you're actually quite close to WPKG ;-)
But if you give me some time I will think about the best way to
implement it. I prefer to sleep about it for one or two nights. In most
cases a much better way than I initially thought about comes to my mind
then...

... and then I just need some spare time to implement it.

stay tuned