[wpkg-users] Feature request? /2

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Apr 29 13:04:19 CEST 2008

Hi Marco,

Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> Look at my example: the problem are not 'Documents and Settings'
> (indeed, in italian it is called 'Documents and Settings', in english,
> boh...) but some common subfolder inside, like 'Dati Applicazioni'
> (Application data), 'Documenti' (Documents), 'Impostazioni Locali'
> (Local Settings) and so on.

Yes, sure, I CAN read ;-)
But this does not change the fact that you know the system language
already by having a look at the %ALLUSERSPROFILE% or another similar
variable.
Looking at the content of the variable your batch script is able to
determine the system language - and then it is clear how all the other
variables should look like...

if "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%" == "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users" (
set DOCUMENTS=%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Documents
)

if "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%" == "C:\<italian name here>\All Users" (
set DOCUMENTS=%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Documenti
)

But as I told you - I am thinking about to implement your request...