[wpkg-users] IP-Address match failed: Cet objet ne gère pas cette propriété ou cette méthode

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Apr 29 14:29:31 CEST 2008

Hi Markus,

markus.bocker at laposte.net wrote:
> I am trying to install wpkg on a SAMBA share
> (\\d51-dde-01\diffusion\utilitaires\wpkg) in a windows domain. We are
> using fixed IP addresses.
>
> The profiles, hosts and packages files are read successfully, but there
> seems to be a problem with the "IP-Address match" . See the following
> message from the log file:
>
> "IP-Address match failed: Cet objet ne gère pas cette propriété ou cette
> méthode"
>
> In English that would be "The object doesn't handle that property or
> method".
>
> Is there anything that can be done about that?

Damn, I was quite sure this messy method of reading IP addresses from
the registry will create some problems somewhen...

I will have to revise some lines of code in the getIPAddresses() method.
Mainly I guess that the data in "IPAddresses" at
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\<interface>\"
is not really of type REG_MULTI_SZ. I will have to verify that on a
machine with fixed IP address(es).

You might replace
var fixedIPs = getRegistryValue(regBase, "IPAddress").toArray();
by
var fixedIPs = null;

to work around the problem - however IP-based matches will not work then
since no IPs will be found.

I will investigate.