[wpkg-users] WPKG client 1.2.1 oddities..

Manny manny at cse.concordia.ca
Wed Aug 6 22:15:50 CEST 2008

It may show up very fast, so you may not be able to see it (hopefully).

>> Thanks for your replies Tomasz.
>
> Add to "Execute before" and "Execute after" cmd.exe - does the cmd
> window show up as you restart the service?

In Execute Before I have:

net use N: \\filer-software\winrip\RIS /user:filer-software\ntread
"password" becuase our package.xml file has packages using paths mapped
to N (we need to change to UNC)

I placed cmd in the "Execute before" and "Execute after" and nothing,
then I put notepad.exe and got the following message (see attached jpg.)

When I click on Show the message, I receive an alternative desktop that
is missing the start button and desktop icons and has only the windows I
requested in the execute before/after.  From this window I can see that
the NET command I used in my config gives me the message:

" N: has a remembered connection to: \\filer-windepot\windepot" do you
want to overwrite that connection? Y/N [Y]:

Windepot is the location of our test server.  I switch back and forth
using 2 separate XML configs to test on our test server or production.

On this alternative desktop I can see that notepad opened up properly.

Any idea why I am getting this interactive services alternative desktop?

I feel we are getting closer..  ;)

Manny