[wpkg-users] Server connection failed with RealTek cards

Florian Effenberger floeff at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 01:19:58 CEST 2008

Hi Keefy,

thanks for your great explanations! Yes, I guess you could be right.
We sometimes, but not often, experience domain logon issues like
"Domain XYZ not available." But it has no real pattern and doesn't
occur often. The WPKG issue occurs all the time, and the workaround
doesn't seem to work, as the offline script doesn't get executed at
all - don't know why. :-(

I have two ideas: First is changing the NIC, which should be a good
but cost-intensive choice nontheless. Second is to maybe try WPKG not
at logon, but at shutdown. However, I fear I have to re-work on my
packages then, so all reboots are done at one time.

If anyone has another idea, I'm open up to everything. It would be
particularly interesting why the offline script is ignored completely.
:-)

Thanks for all you've helped so far, this list is a great resource!

Florian