[wpkg-users] Server connection failed with RealTek cards

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Fri Aug 29 23:04:00 CEST 2008

Florian Effenberger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> on new machines with Realtek 8111/8168 Chipsets (Gigabit PCI Express),
> we're having issues with WPKG Client on Windows XP Professional SP 3.
> The first bootup it seems to work, but afterwards, software
> distribution doesn't work anymore. The progress bar window is shown
> but disappears shortly after. I've tried with 1.2.1 and 1.3.5 and the

I reported the same problem in this thread last month:

http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/2008-July/003607.html

I had the same problems you had with the offline mode not running my custom script.
See the thread for details.

It happens on two machines in my network.

1: an Apple iMac running windows XP with bootcamp.
2: ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard with 2 NICS.  I think it worked fine until I allowed
Windows Update to install a new driver for the NIC.  I should also try switching to
the second NIC and see if that fixes it.

Mark Nienberg