[wpkg-users] truecrypt

Brian May brian at vpac.org
Thu Dec 4 03:48:36 CET 2008

Hello,

Have had another go at getting this working, based on instructions at
<http://forums.truecrypt.org/viewtopic.php?p=11726#11726>.

First run the installer, and select the unpack option to unpack the
files. I put them in %SOFTWARE%\truecrypt\%VERSION%

hq packages # cat truecrypt.xml
<packages>
<package id="truecrypt"
          name="Truecrypt 6.1a"
          revision="1"
          reboot="false"
          priority="0">
        <install cmd='%SOFTWARE%\truecrypt\install.cmd 6.1a' />
        <upgrade cmd='%SOFTWARE%\truecrypt\install.cmd 6.1a' />
        <remove cmd='%SOFTWARE%\truecrypt\remove.cmd 6.1a' />
</package>
</packages>

hq truecrypt # cat install.cmd
"%SystemRoot%\System32\sc.exe" stop truecrypt
copy "%SOFTWARE%\truecrypt\%1\truecrypt.sys" "%SystemRoot%\System32\Drivers"
"%SystemRoot%\System32\sc.exe" create truecrypt type= kernel start= auto
error= normal binPath= "%SystemRoot%\System32\Drivers\truecrypt.sys"
DisplayName= truecrypt
"%SystemRoot%\System32\sc.exe" start truecrypt
xcopy /E /I /Y "%SOFTWARE%\truecrypt\%1" "%ProgramFiles%\truecrypt"

hq truecrypt # cat remove.cmd
"%SystemRoot%\System32\sc.exe" delete truecrypt
del "%SystemRoot%\System32\Drivers\truecrypt.sys"
rmdir /S /Q "%ProgramFiles%\truecrypt"

Issues:

* Not sure how to create shortcuts for the start menu.
* The above may not work for 64bit installations. There is a supplied
truecrypt-x64.sys, maybe this is meant to be used instead of
truecrypt.sys - if so I wouldn't know how to tell wpkg to use it instead.
* The first line in the install script stops the service (maybe this
should delete the service?) in case it is already running so it can be
reinstalled. Not absolutely happy with this.
* The SC create command line looks weird with lots of spaces but these
are required.

Comments?

Brian May