[wpkg-users] Problems with WPKG after settings update

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Dec 15 15:01:52 CET 2008

Jens Geile schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a little problem with one of my software packages... I'm trying to update WPKG's local settings with WPKG which pretty much works, except for one small detail: After the update and the reboot WPKG just doesn't want to work on-start anymore. All I get is our little friend in the system's eventlog telling me "WNetAddConnection2-> Zugriff verweigert" (Access denied).
>
> WPKG Client version is 1.2.1. (I'd prefer using the 1.3.x branch but people are kinda picky about beta state software -.- ... I'll try this with 1.3.6. now and report back once the installation is done.)
>
> I've wittnessed this on two machines now.

What's the difference in settings between:

> Freshly installed with Unattended -> wpkg installed

...and:

> wpkg settings updated

?

In other words, you seem to use two different settings files for WPKG
Client - do I understand you correctly?
Why won't you deploy with proper settings once WPKG Client is installed?

Coming back to your problem - it would be good to know what the server
(i.e., Samba) logs say about it - and why it denies a connection.
Without it, I'm afraid I can't help much.