[wpkg-users] Double quoting and Python

Brian Reese breese at boston-engineering.com
Mon Dec 15 17:47:49 CET 2008

I have some questions about double quoting and python in WPKG:

1. How does WPKG handle double quoting. Are there any priorities between ' and " ?
2. Are there any escape characters? Like a /" or // to get the real character?
3. Does WPKG handle .py scripts? I assume it does.

My problem stems from trying to pass variables into my python script after I call the script. for instance 'python.exe scriptname.py "variable 1" "variable 2" "variable 3"'  That is how I would like my WPKG install commmand to look, it works in cmd.exe. I get an exit code 1 saying the install command failed.

Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks,

Brian Reese
IT Desktop Support
Boston Engineering