[wpkg-users] Feature request

Michael Ugilt michael at ugilt.net
Tue Dec 16 20:31:38 CET 2008

This is my script

@echo off

rem This is a wifi ping tester to see if %HOST% hostname is avail.

rem

set HOST=wpkg-srv

ping -n 5 %HOST% > nul:

if %errorlevel% == 0 goto alive

ping -n 15 %HOST% > nul:

if %errorlevel% == 0 goto alive

ping -n 15 %HOST% > nul:

if %errorlevel% == 0 goto alive

ping -n 15 %HOST% > nul:

if %errorlevel% == 0 goto alive

rem

rem Hmmm seems like %HOST% is unreachable as we now have tried for 50
seconds!

rem exit with error

@echo %HOST% is not alive!

EXIT /B 1

:alive

rem we have contact - exit with success

EXIT /B 0

> Also, what would you like to happen if the wifi connection is not alive
when wpkg starts?  Do you want it to wait longer and try again, or > would
you rather let the user log in and then try again after a few
seconds/minutes?

If possible I’d prefer to delay logon until wpkg is completed and have a
message/progress bar display until then

/Michael