[wpkg-users] How to Deploy WPKG client with group policy??

Greg Kavanagh greg at concretenoise.com
Tue Dec 16 23:21:58 CET 2008

I was using the generic format from the AD page and I am using 1.36

I still can't get it to work. It starts the installer at login and
fails with the error "you need administrative privileges to run this
tool" which strikes me as an error from the WPKGinst.exe rather than a
MS error.

I posted the install log. If anyone more knowledgeable could have a
quick look I'd appreciate it.

A few things I've already checked:
Permissions are correct.
Installer is running in elevated mode.
Shares are available at logon to the local computer.

Also when I run it by double clicking on the .bat file it installs but
it fails to start the service. the service is listed and even fails to
start when started manually.

Log file is here

http://www.concretenoise.com/log.txt

.bat file contains one line

msiexec /qn /i \\ccserver\install\WPKGClient1.3.6.msi
SETTINGSFILE=\\ccserver\install\wpkg\settings.xml ALLUSERS=1 /L*v
i:\log.txt

thanks
Greg