[wpkg-users] Problems with WPKG after settings update

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Dec 18 15:43:12 CET 2008

Jens Geile schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> Coming back to your problem - it would be good to know what the server (i.e., Samba) logs say about it - and why it denies a connection. Without it, I'm afraid I can't help much.
> Ok, I did some more testing today and I cant find _anything_ in the samba logs regarding this error ... For debugging I've set the samba log level to "3 smb:10 acls:10 locking:10 auth:10 vfs:10" which is why the attached logfiles are a bit "long". >.> I've also included the output of "smbstatus" and the eventlog extract in the logfiles at the times where they fit in. In the first run everything went as expected but after a package restarted the machine I got my usual "access denied" error. Though, the problem doesn't really seem to be related to a package restarting the system because WPKG still worked after such restarts in earlier test runs.
>
> Anyway, as I couldn't find anything in the logs (maybe I'm just blind)

You should look in log.your_machinename, not log.nmbd and log.smbd
(unless you have some weird Samba configuration and everything gets
logged into log.smbd? That makes the log file very big and unreadable).

Is the time on the server and on the workstation in sync?

Because the log file ends earlier than the error from the Event Log
(14:48:55).

I don't see anything unusual in the logfile. The workstation was reading
some files from the wpkg share etc. Are you sure it is the log from the
"failed attempt"?

Workstation did not read (or tried to read) the settings.xml file though.