[wpkg-users] activeperl [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Michael Chinn Michael.Chinn at gbrmpa.gov.au
Mon Dec 22 01:26:57 CET 2008

No need to install the full activeperl. You can download a gnu perl 5.6
at http://www.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/perl561b.zip
It is possible to execute the perl.exe from anywhere (eg: network
shares), it has no reliance on system files, it can get all it needs
from ENV variables.
I think** the same is true for most of active perl. Perl.exe and any
modules in themselves dont need to run from the clients machine. However
having integrated .pl execution and wsh support however does mean you
have to have the perl\bin in your path.

**I have only tried this in a test environment with 2 or 3 scripts

--
Michael Chinn
User Support Officer - Information Technology

Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
PO Box 1379
TOWNSVILLE, QLD 4810

Ph 07 47500874 Fax 07 4772 6093
michaelc at gbrmpa.gov.au

If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately
by return email and delete all copies. Any unauthorised use, disclosure or
distribution of this email is prohibited.