[wpkg-users] Organizational units, computer groups and operating systems at hosts.xml

arnost.jebavy at seznam.cz arnost.jebavy at seznam.cz
Sat Feb 2 19:00:14 CET 2008

Don't you think about to give more options how to associate hosts to
profiles at hosts.xml?

I am new to wpkg and I want to use it on LAN with computers in a
Win2003server domain.
I prefer if I could associate hosts to profiles not only by their hostnames,
but also by their membership of organizational units and computer groups and
by their operating system.

Examples:

<host name="pc-1" profile-id="some_profile" />
<host unit="Classrooms" profile-id="some_profile" />
<host group="TestComputers" profile-id="some_profile" />
<host system="5.1.2600" profile-id="some_profile" />

It would be best, if it could be possible to use combinations of this
options. For example:

<host unit="Classrooms" system="5.1.2600" profile-id="some_profile" />
- for all computers from Classrooms organizational unit (and their subunits)
with Windows Xp operating system

<host name="pc[0-9]" group="TestComputers" system="6.0.6000"
profile-id="some_profile" />
- for all computers with name satisfying regular expression pc[0-9], which
are from TestComputers group and have Windows Vista