[wpkg-users] IE6, win2k and administrator right

Dany Chouinard chouinard.dany at csob.qc.ca
Thu Feb 14 22:14:31 CET 2008

Hi everyone

I deployed this afeternoon IE6 on my Win2K based lab and classes.  The
scripte is based on the IE6 XML script example found in the web site.

Everything deployed according to the plan but few minute after a teacher
came and complan about a weird error message on his screen.  Its basicly
saying :

Windows Update
L'installation précédente d'une application n'a pas été terminée.
Connectez-vous avec un compte possédant des privilèges d'administrateur
pour terminer l'installation.

Wich translate badly in :
Windows Update
A previous installation did not complete
Connect using an account with administrator previleges to complete the
installation.

Of course no one has administrator previleges and the last thing I want
to do is to walk around and log using my account.  I was wondering if
anyone had an idea on how I could get out of this crap.

--
  Dany CHOUINARD
  Technicien en informatique               -o)

  tél. 819.825.4220 ext. 3041
  cel. 819.856.6892
  skype. dchouinard
  courriel. chouinard.dany at csob.qc.ca