[wpkg-users] ++Mailshell: Re: wpkg via Group Policies

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Sun Feb 3 17:03:57 CET 2008

grubi schrieb:
> Hi Tomasz.
>> Yeah, I too use GPO for some WPKG setups.
>> Would be great to know how you do it.
> Usage is quite easy:
> You put the following lines in the GPO startup script
>
> %WPKGPATH%\wpkgMessage.exe
> %WPKGPATH%\wpkg.js /synchronize
> %WPKGPATH%\wpkgMessage.exe /terminate
>
> Within every package you add the following call
> as first installation command:
>
> %WPKGPATH%\wpkgMessage.exe /package <package descriptive name>
> Example: %WPKGPATH%\wpkgMessage.exe /package "Internet Explorer"

I started it manually in cmd.exe after logging in - I can see an empty
window with a progress bar.

However, nothing changes as I do:

    wpkgMessage.exe /package "blah blah"

The window is still empty with the same progress bar.

If I try to start "wpkgMessage.exe" one more time, it refuses with
"Unable to create Mailslot".
The windows exits properly when I start "wpkgMessage.exe /terminate".

Did I miss anything? The machine is running XP SP2.