[wpkg-users] %SOFTWARE% variable

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Mon Feb 18 13:09:02 CET 2008

Hi Marc

Marc Cuypers wrote:
> In the silent installs the variable %SOFTWARE% is used.   I tried to set
> it with the wpkg-client (general/wpkg variable).  But it seems not to be
> expanded.  Is there a problem with this expansion.

No, no known problem with the expansion and I use this feature daily.
You just need to define the SOFTWARE variable within WPKG-client. Do not
specify the "%" sign within the specification. Just add a variable
called "SOFTWARE" pointing to the share used "\\server\share".

So check the variable definition that you do NOT include any "%" signs
and check for typos.

> Second question:
> Where does the wpkg-client save its configuration data?

This can be answered by some WPKG client developers ;-)

HTH