[wpkg-users] WPKG Client 1.2rc6 service doesnt install or start (XP SP2)

Phil Burrow philburrow at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 15:37:56 CET 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Phil Burrow schrieb:
>> Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>>
>>> So, does it work fine for you now?
>>
>> It does other than the service wont install using the client: I have
>> to do it manually. Only have to do it once so it's not too much of a
>> problem, though!
>
> Hmm, something is not right here.
>
> Does it work if you uninstall WPKG Client and install it again?

No. I tried this a million times on the first machine (which prompted my
initial post here). It doesn't even log anything to the Event Log. On
the other machines I didn't try this as I assumed they would all be the
same.

I did check for the presence of WPKG Service on all of them though, and
it was not there.

> Can you send your config.xml here? If you have any passwords, replace
> them with a "secret" word.

I'm not using one. I'm using version 0.9.10. There wasn't an example one
packaged in the tarball and there are no examples on wpkg.org. I didn't
think I needed it anyway. Or did you mean my settings file?

Basically I have hardly changed anything from a vanilla install, other
than my packages, profiles and hosts (all of which work fine).

Should I be using 1.0rc6?

Phil