[wpkg-users] [Fwd: Re: Questions about offline mode and executing the wpkg service]

Dieter Scholz rd-disc at gmx.net
Thu Jul 3 11:35:29 CEST 2008

Hello,

> You were getting problems with logon delay window being shown when you
> made your tests in VMware - could you verify if it works or not for you?

finally I found some time to test the newest versions of WPKG Client (1.3.4)
and the wpkg script (1.0.2). I focused on the problem I recently had with
VMware (offline mode did not work).

I created a test environment with two XP machines (one acting as
wpkg 'server' - one as a client) inside VMware.

Now - if disconnecting the nic - offline mode worked as expected. Software
installation when connected was successful.

When using our test environment with a Samba share on the server side and a
VMware XP on the client side, everything runs as expected, too.

So, thanks for your help and the work you've done. We continue evaluating
software deployment with wpkg inside our company.

Greetings

Dieter