[wpkg-users] The network location cannot be reached

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Tue Jul 8 21:06:33 CEST 2008

Some of the clients on my network occasionally start up wpkg at boot and then have
the error (in the event viewer):

"WNetAddConnection2-> The network location cannot be reached.  For information..."

And the user must wait for the full maximum logon delay.  After that, the user logs
on fine and all network services are available.  It doesn't happen every time.  I
need to do more research, but I think it may only be happening to Windows XP clients
that have Service Pack 3 installed.

The clients are 1.2.1.
wpkg.js is 1.0.2

Any ideas appreciated.