[wpkg-users] Problem adding Firefox extensions

Joe joe at freakyacres.com
Fri Jul 25 17:38:14 CEST 2008

I ran into a problem today with firefox extensions that I'm not sure I can solve.
I have upgraded everyone to firefox 3.0.1.  A number of users have the ietab
extension installed into their Firefox profile that is incompatible with 3.0.1.
I set up an ietab package and tried to get it to do a global extension install
with a version that is compatible with 3.0.1.  The install works but when ff starts
it recognizes the old ietab that installed in their profile and not the global one.
To get ietab to work I have to go around and uninstall ietab from each ff profile with
that user logged in or delete the ietab install from the profile manually.
Is there any way around this?