[wpkg-users] Ideas for features.

Frank Lee rl201 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 1 22:57:51 CEST 2008

> How about introducing special types of packages?

How about introducing a special type of *check*:

<check type='external' condition='0' path='\\server\share\discfree.bat'
value='%SystemDrive% 1GB' />

i.e. run an external command specified by 'path' with arguments specified
by 'value' and consider the return code. If the return code matches the
'condition', the check is successful. (I hypothesize that discfree.bat
takes two arguments, a drive and a size, and returns zero if the drive
contains at least that amount of free space.)

> Just an idea - I may be totally wrong of course, and I'm sure there are
> better approaches, but it is certainly worth discussing.

I think you might be (-:

Seriously, we have an infrastructure all set up to do tests: let's make a
small expansion to do external tests and then we don't have to consider
lots of other effects.

Yours,

Frank