[wpkg-users] install ca-certs in firefox 3

Martin Schütte lists at mschuette.name
Fri Jul 4 17:14:52 CEST 2008

Matt Miller schrieb:
> Is there a way to install CA-Certs in Firefox 3 with WPKG? I was (and
> still am) using the CCK extension but it's incompatible with Firefox 3
> (I even tried hacking install.rdf).

The latest (beta-)version supports Firefox 3:
http://www.kaply.com/weblog/2008/06/11/customizing-firefox-with-the-cck-wizard/

Works fine for me (except for the third extensions I included with the
CCK which are not ff3-compatible yet :-/)

> We use a self-signed CA-Cert for a few internal sites. It would be nice
> if users didn't have to manually add an extension to add the certs.

BTW, besides using the CCK one can also use the nsstools to install
certificates. But it is not as reliable because one has to do it for
every user account (instead of once for every machine). Description at:
http://mschuette.name/wp/2008/06/09/mozilla-x509-certificates-from-the-command-line/

--
Martin