[wpkg-users] packages do not being installed, no logging information shown

Christian Thurow thurow at math.TU-Berlin.DE
Mon Jul 7 16:39:25 CEST 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Christian Thurow schrieb:
>
>> unfortunately the cmd only appears, when a user is logged in, and the
>> wpkgservice starts, but not at the boot.
>
> Yes, you will see cmd.exe window (or any other window started by WPKG
> Client service) only after you log in.
> So this is expected behaviour.
>
> Now, can you browse files on your network share from that cmd.exe window?
>
> And did you check the Windows Event Log to see what WPKG Client logs?
> This is where you should have began with.
>

>> other idea: where can i see, which version of wpkg i installed? the
>> client is 1.2.1
>
> start wpkginst.exe -> About.
>

>> but i dont know the server version, maybe i use an old
>> wpkg-version (over apt-get).
>
> You mean wpkg.js? See the beginning of this file in any editor.
>
> And I don't think you installed it using apt-get (unless you made your
> own package).

OK, im wondering how i get the cmd on my screen last time after logon..
now i only get the following messages in the eventlog of windows under
application:
WPKG Service trying start...
WPKG Service-> RegisterServiceCtrlHandler: successfully done
WPKG Service-> SERVICE_START_PENDING: successfuly done
Service Start
Set script security context: successfuly done.

and at last the error (ca. 9 seconds later):
WNetAddConnection2-> Zugriff Verweigert (english: access denied)

i use the same user for testing settings, as i fill in the fields in
wpkginst.exe for accessing the server. with logged in user and then
starting the service all works fine..

the samba-server doesnt show any log-entrys before a user logged into
the client, so there must be a right issue for accessing the samba
server for the wpkg-service on the client.. but the user fpr wpkg has
the required rights, where is the failure?

the service wpkg is startet AFTER netlogon, afd, openvpn and tcpip.. so
it should work, but it didnt..

the version of wpkg.js is 1.0 - could this be a problem?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen