[wpkg-users] WPKG Client 1.3.4 released (testing release), including 64 bit support

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Jul 9 20:59:19 CEST 2008

Rainer Meier schrieb:

> In fact I also thought about extending the package format to include
> some package description (which can be provided in various local
> languages). Then it would be possible to print this information to
> sendStatus output as well. So WPKG client could display some nice
> information about the application currently being installed/upgraded.

OK, you had something like that in mind.
Sounds sophisticated... we'll see. Perhaps a "simple / extended" view
switch would be desired (not sure if by the admin, in wpkginst.exe, or
in the delay window), or both, if admin permits "extended" view.

> Let's outline the GUI as I see it:
> | WPKG package deployment                                              |
> |                                                                      |
> | Deployment started at: xx:yy:zz                          [ACTIVITY]  |
> | Running since        :    yy:zz                          [INDICATOR] |
> |                                                                      |
> | Stage: [Remove|Install]                                              |
> | Package 2 of 10: Adobe Acrobat Reader                                |
> |  __________________________________________________________________  |
> | |-----|                                                            | |
> |  ------------------------------------------------------------------  |
> | Package status:                                                      |
> | Installation started at: xx:yy:zz                                    |
> | Running since          :    yy:zz                                    |
> |  __________________________________________________________________  |
> | | Adobe Acrobat reader                                           |^| |
> | | Acrobat reader is used to display PDF files.                   | | |
> | | [some more information about the reader]                       | | |
> | |                                                                |v| |
> |  ------------------------------------------------------------------  |
> |______________________________________________________________________|
>

>  From my point of view such a windows would provide quite a fair amount
> of information to the (waiting) user.

You forgot about one important thing (below the activity indicator):

| WPKG package deployment                                              |
| Deployment started at: xx:yy:zz                          [ACTIVITY]  |
| Running since        :    yy:zz                          [INDICATOR] |
| Stage: [Remove|Install]                         [LAUNCH GAME TO]     |
|Package 2 of 10: Adobe Acrobat Reader            [KILL SOME TIME]     |

;)