[wpkg-users] WPKG.Utility

K.E.Jones at bton.ac.uk K.E.Jones at bton.ac.uk
Thu Jul 17 11:34:07 CEST 2008

Hiya,

[mailto:wpkg-users-bounces at lists.wpkg.org] On Behalf Of
> mscdex
> Sent: 16 July 2008 21:31
> To: wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org
> Subject: [wpkg-users] WPKG.Utility
>
> Nice work. I just looked through the .wsc and noticed that in the
header you mention an isBlank
> function which doesn't exist. It should read isEmpty. I was also
thinking maybe the isEmpty
> function could be modified so that it could work with Arrays as well
as Strings. Keep up the
> good work.

 Doh! Well spotted. I'll sort that out tonight along with a few other
bits and pieces, like
templates etc. Somehow I don't think 3 digit version numbers will be
enough ;-)

 Hrmmm... isBlank, isEmpty. If you have no objections, maybe I'd better
make the isBlank an
empty string detector and then build isEmpty to be a more generic
'emptiness' test? i.e. handling
blanks strings, empty arrays, undefined values etc? I'd like to make
sure any primitive orientated
tests are as versatile as possible without making them useless :-)

 I'm considering this still a bit of an alpha (I really should have
called it v0.1) so the actual
stuff going in will be very much in flux. If you have any other snippets
like that, feel free to
pass them along and I'll do my best to plug them in :-)

 Maybe at some point in the future, (say v2.00 ?), people can give me a
hand rationalising it all
into a nice 'toolkit'?

Thanks for the support!

Regards,

Keith

PS: I'll knock up a silent .MSI installer for it tonight so people can
try out it out that way if
they want.