[wpkg-users] log level

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Jul 29 20:32:16 CEST 2008

Hi Joe,

Joe wrote:
> I have set loglevel to 1 in config.xml.  I run wpkg.js from
> the same batch file on all workstations.  At the end of the
> batch file I copy the workstation log to a central directory.
> Sometimes a log shows only the errors and other times it
> shows a complete log as if loglevel was set to 31.

Why do you copy the log file to a central directory instead of logging
directly to that path? You might just set log_file_path to the folder
where you want to store the log file.

It is correct that you have to set logLevel to 1 in order to log only
errors. However the default log level is 0xFF (log everything). So there
might be some problem loading config.xml (or missing /logLevel:1
parameter) which causes verbose logging in your case.

This is just a wild guess. If you think everything is set up correctly,
then try to isolate the problem and find out under which conditions wpkg
logs more than your desired log level. Then we can try to analyze the
problem and probably find a solution.