[wpkg-users] log level

Joe joe at freakyacres.com
Wed Jul 30 14:10:21 CEST 2008

Rainer Meier wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> Joe wrote:
>> I have set loglevel to 1 in config.xml.  I run wpkg.js from
>> the same batch file on all workstations.  At the end of the
>> batch file I copy the workstation log to a central directory.
>> Sometimes a log shows only the errors and other times it
>> shows a complete log as if loglevel was set to 31.
>
> Why do you copy the log file to a central directory instead of logging
> directly to that path? You might just set log_file_path to the folder
> where you want to store the log file.

Yes I will do that.

> It is correct that you have to set logLevel to 1 in order to log only
> errors. However the default log level is 0xFF (log everything). So there
> might be some problem loading config.xml (or missing /logLevel:1
> parameter) which causes verbose logging in your case.
>
> This is just a wild guess. If you think everything is set up correctly,
> then try to isolate the problem and find out under which conditions wpkg
> logs more than your desired log level. Then we can try to analyze the
> problem and probably find a solution.

I think it's obvious to me what happens.  The log file created at 0xFF
sits in the workstations temp directory.  When run a level 1 no log is
created (assuming no errors) and therefore I get the old log file back.

So I guess I need to create a package to delete the log file as the
highest priority?