[wpkg-users] WPKG Client 1.3.2 released (testing release)

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jun 12 12:19:43 CEST 2008

Marco Gaiarin schrieb:
> Mandi! Tomasz Chmielewski
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> * Upgrading should work even if the service is running. In fact, it
>> probably worked earlier: prerequisite - Windows Installer 3.1 installed.
>
> Ahem, sorry, can you explain better this?
> I'm stuck with WPKGClient 0.X for this, i'm curious to know how you
> have solved...

Windows Installer 3.1 has to be installed. With it, it is able to
upgrade MSI packages where there are files in use.

At least it works that way when double clicked on a MSI package (it will
perform an upgrade, and after installation will display a window that a
reboot is needed).

Didn't actually try to do it from the command line, so someone might
want to check it?

>> * It is now possible to schedule the execution on the system shutdown.
>
> Two weeks agot this seems totally impossible, what changed?
> A miracle? ;-)))

I'd call it an investment in research and development ;)