[wpkg-users] WPKG Client 1.3.2 released (testing release)

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Jun 13 17:24:30 CEST 2008

Marco Gaiarin schrieb:

> 2) effectively the install goes well, after reboot the service works
>  and all was at the right place. But... the question about rebooting
> now or later WAS DISPLAYED also if 've used /qb.
> So you have made an installer non-silent for a silent installation
> system. ;)

It should not display a question if you use a /noreboot flag to msiexec:

    msiexec /norestart ...

> Two more little note:
>
> 3) seems that the service log an error, but seems not a real error,
> probably an intended 'debug' or a mistake in marking events:
>
> 	Tipo evento:	Errore
> 	Origine evento:	WpkgService
> 	Categoria evento:	Nessuno
> 	ID evento:	1
> 	Data:		13/06/2008
> 	Ora:		17.09.01
> 	Utente:		N/D
> 	Computer:	VOLDEMORT
> 	Descrizione:
> 	Starting WPKG on startup

"Errore"? "Nessuno"? I didn't know there are hardcoded Italian messages
in WPKG Client ;)

Does it always show up?

> 4) i've noted that if you enable the 'stop service when all action are
> done' switch and there's nothing to do, windows now and then complain
> that 'the service start and stop too quickly', consider to add a one
> or two seconds delay in such case.

OK.

> Apart that, and apart the wpkginst.exe interface that clearly need
> cleanup, seems to work quite well.

Any ideas how to name the "tabs"? General?, Common? are not the best
names, I guess?

> I've not tested the 'install on shutdown'feature: if i choose this, i
> can/have to disable the delay logon? Can you explain a bit?

Right now, it's either on startup or on shutdown.
This should change.