[wpkg-users] WPKG Client 1.3.2 released (testing release) / execution on the system shutdown

Gerd Ott gerdott at taz.de
Sun Jun 15 18:03:05 CEST 2008

Yes, it works without a "execute before script" !
(Even if there is an eventlog "error" saying "Starting WPKG on shutdown")

I had as well a script running "execute before", which was just
updating the wpkg-settings. ("%PROGRAMFILES%\WPKG\wpkginst.exe"
--SETTINGSFILE=\\server\share\settings.xml)

After changing this to "execute after" the script doesn't start
anymore with an eventlog error "CreateProcess-> System can't find the
path..." Perhaps because the shutdown process has already disabled
network connections.
But I could live without "execute befor/after scripts" and update
wpkg-settings within a package or so.

Thanks,
Gerd