[wpkg-users] wpkg.xml on local machine

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Jun 25 16:10:19 CEST 2008

Jennette, Steven J. schrieb:
> I have used wpkg to install firefox, perl, and mysql.  The local
> wpkg.xml file on each machine only shows information for firefox.  I am
> not sure what the problem is.  The only notable difference between
> firefox and perl /mysql is that firefox was an .exe that was installed
> and the perl/mysql were .msi’s.  The end result of course is me not
> being able to upgrade perl and mysql because there is no information
> about them in this file.

You will get info about installed apps in wpkg.xml only if the
installation was successful.

For wpkg.js, a "successful installation" is only when all your checks
are met, and if the exit code of each command was 0 (unless there were
additional exit codes you specified).

To debug what fails, see http://wpkg.org/FAQ - point 1.