[wpkg-users] executing a VB script

Paul McGrath J.P.McGrath at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Mar 3 12:58:18 CET 2008

Tomasz,
  thank you for the quick reply.
So if I understand you correctly:
1.  wpkg package executes script which creates the IP ports and adds
corresponding printers.
2.  a user logon script adds the printers again to the previously
created ports but only for each user.

I can understand your logic but if I logon to the workstation as a local
administrator and execute the script by hand it makes the IP ports and
printers on the system and then all users can use them without a logon
script making them everytime.  Why should I run it in a logon script?

At the moment thoug my problem is as if WPKG does not actually execute
the VB script.  I have a message in the script which tells you how many
new printers have been created and this does not appear even though
event viewer says the execution was successful.  When I execute by hand
it says '11 new printers created' or how ever many new ones are in the
'add' file.  I have tested by creating a package which is just a msgbox
vbscript and that displayed 'hello world', dont know why mine doesn't.

Thanks
Paul