[wpkg-users] Are we now at stable for the 1.2 release of WPKG Client?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Mar 6 12:56:38 CET 2008

Falko Trojahn schrieb:
> Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:
>> matt - OpenPlan IT schrieb:
>>> Hello all,
>>> I was just downloading the WPKG client and noticed that there is a 1.2
>>> release in the stable directory uploaded on the 15 of Feb. I was
>>> wondering whether this was the one to use over the rc6 version from
>>> december? Is it a final release?
>> Well, yes and no.
>>
>> Before releasing "the final 1.2 stable" we upgraded our software to
>> Visual Studio 2008 here. Which we shouldn't do.
>> As it appears, something changed in Visual Studio, and a 1.2 final
>> package won't install on a fresh Windows install because of some missing
>> libraries.
>>
>> I think the missing library is msvcrt.dll, but I didn't have a chance to
>> verify it on a clean system yet (any volunteer to install a fresh XP and
>> test it?).
> No problem, drop me a mail and I'll test it.

Could you just try if the MSI from here:
http://wpkg.org/files/client/stable/

Installs on a *fresh* Windows (Windows installed, with no additional
software)?

Because I receive different reports - for some users, it does work, for
some, it doesn't.

Also, please report Windows version (2000, XP), service packs etc.
(i.e., XP Pro with SP2).