[wpkg-users] Are we now at stable for the 1.2 release of WPKG Client?

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Fri Mar 7 18:11:31 CET 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:
> Falko Trojahn schrieb:
>> Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:
>>> Well, yes and no.
>>>
>>> Before releasing "the final 1.2 stable" we upgraded our software to
>>> Visual Studio 2008 here. Which we shouldn't do.
>>> As it appears, something changed in Visual Studio, and a 1.2 final
>>> package won't install on a fresh Windows install because of some
>>> missing libraries.
>>>
>>> I think the missing library is msvcrt.dll, but I didn't have a chance
>>> to verify it on a clean system yet (any volunteer to install a fresh
>>> XP and test it?).
>> No problem, drop me a mail and I'll test it.
>
> Could you just try if the MSI from here:
> http://wpkg.org/files/client/stable/
>
> Installs on a *fresh* Windows (Windows installed, with no additional
> software)?

I've tried automated install (using:

msiexec /qb /i \\server\install\wpkg\WPKGSetup120.msi
SETTINGSFILE=\\server\install\wpkg\settings.xml ALLUSERS=1)
 on a XP SP2 (after unattended.sf.net install without base.bat)

At this moment the system had only Wininstaller 3.1 (KB893903) and
ActivePerl in "Software".

Worked without problem.

Best regards,
Falko